The overarching goals of our research group are to contribute to the field of sensory science by discovering fundamental knowledge and to use sensory evaluation as a tool to support other technical disciplines both on- and off-campus as well as in the food and consumer product industries. Learn more about our current research on our research page.
Sensory Testing Services
The Center for Sensory and Consumer Behavior Research provides contract (proprietary) sensory and consumer research tailored to meet the needs of food and greater consumer product industries. Our mission is to provide quality, timely client-based insights. Please learn more about our sensory testing services by visiting the services page.
As a part of Oregon State University, the Center for Sensory and Consumer Behavior Research provides quality education for future sensory professionals. While obtaining a degree in food science with an emphasis in sensory science, students will:
- Take classes in sensory science and related disciplines
- Gain hands-on training in sensory science
- Conduct independent sensory research
- Work on sensory projects for food and consumer product industries
- Become eligible for internships and scholarships in sensory science
Learn more about educational opportunities with the Center for Sensory and Consumer Behavior Research on our education page.