This line of work has been mainly a collaborative effort with other technical disciplines (e.g., food science, crop and soil science, horticulture) on campus and also with national and international food and consumer product companies. The nature of this research is collaborative and exploratory with other scientists and/or industry clients, using sensory evaluation as a tool.
- Bettenhausen HM, Benson A, Fisk S, Herb D, Hernandez J, Lim J, Queisser SH, Shellhammer TH, Vega V, Yao L, Heuberger AL, Hayes PM. Variation in sensory attributes and volatile compounds in larger brewed from genetically distinct malts: an integrated sensory and non-targeted metabolomics approach. Journal of the American Society of Brewing Chemists. 78: 136-152, 2020.
- Park H-J, Ko J-M, Lim J, Hong J-H. Understanding foreign consumers’ perception and acceptance of an ethnic food with strong flavor. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 100: 2348-2357, 2020.
- Mohekar P, Lapis T, Wiman N, Lim J, Tomasino E. Brown marmorated stink bug taint in Pinot noir: detection and consumer rejection threshold of trans-2-decenal. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 68: 120-126, 2017.
- Turbes, G, Linscott TD, Tomasino E, Waite-Cusic J, Lim J, Meunier-Goddik L. Evidence of terroir in milk sourcing and its influence on cheddar cheese. Journal of Dairy Science, 99: 5093-5103, 2016.
- Jang S-H, Kim M-J, Lim J, Hong J-H. Cross-cultural comparison of consumer acceptability of kimchi with different degree of fermentation. Journal of Sensory Studies, 31: 124-134, 2016.
- Fujimaru T, Park J, Lim J. Sensory characteristics and relative sweetness of Tagatose and other sweeteners. Journal of Food Science, 77: S323-328, 2012.
- Jung YJ, Padmanabhan A, Hong JH, Lim J, Kim KO. Consumer freshness perception of spinach samples exposed to different storage conditions. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 73: 115-121, 2012.