This line of work has been mainly a collaborative effort with other technical disciplines (e.g., food science, crop and soil science, horticulture) on campus and also with national and international food and consumer product companies. The nature of this research is collaborative and exploratory with other scientists and/or industry clients, using sensory evaluation as a tool.
- Mohekar P, Lapis T, Wiman N, Lim J, Tomasino E. Brown marmorated stink bug taint in Pinot noir: detection and consumer rejection threshold of trans-2-decenal. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 68: 120-126, 2017.
- Kim H, Lim J, Buehler SS, Brinkman MC, Johnson NM, Wilson L, Cross KS. Role of sweet and other flavors in liking and disliking of electronic cigarettes. Tobacco Control, 25: ii55-ii61, 2016.
- Turbes, G, Linscott TD, Tomasino E, Waite-Cusic J, Lim J, Meunier-Goddik L. Evidence of terroir in milk sourcing and its influence on cheddar cheese. Journal of Dairy Science, 99: 5093-5103, 2016.
- Jang S-H, Kim M-J, Lim J, Hong J-H. Cross-cultural comparison of consumer acceptability of kimchi with different degree of fermentation. Journal of Sensory Studies, 31: 124-134, 2016.
- Fujimaru T, Park J, Lim J. Sensory characteristics and relative sweetness of Tagatose and other sweeteners. Journal of Food Science, 77: S323-328, 2012.
- Jung YJ, Padmanabhan A, Hong JH, Lim J, Kim KO. Consumer freshness perception of spinach samples exposed to different storage conditions. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 73: 115-121, 2012.