Brent Barry

MS Spring 2018 (Now Wildlife Biologist with Confederated Tribes of the Grande Ronde) I grew up outside of Chicago and spent my youth wandering the forests and lakes of the upper Midwest.  After receiving my undergraduate degree from the University of Vermont I moved west and have worked in many different places.  Most of my […]

March 10, 2021

MS Spring 2018 (Now Wildlife Biologist with Confederated Tribes of the Grande Ronde)

I grew up outside of Chicago and spent my youth wandering the forests and lakes of the upper Midwest.  After receiving my undergraduate degree from the University of Vermont I moved west and have worked in many different places.  Most of my work has been focused on mustelids, and spotted owls in northern California and Oregon.  In my spare time I enjoy hiking, fly fishing, and spending time with my dog, Finn.

My master’s thesis in the Levi lab focuses on the distribution of fisher (Pekania pennanti) in southwestern Oregon and is nested in a multi-species monitoring framework.  Fisher are rare forest carnivores with relatively unknown distributions in Oregon.  I use remote cameras and genetic sampling to survey landscapes for these animals and ask additional questions about the ecology of carnivore guilds in the area.

CATEGORIES: People