Charlotte Eriksson

Postdoctoral Research Associate (previously PhD Student) I am broadly interested in using noninvasive techniques to study different aspects of carnivore ecology. I obtained my undergraduate degree in Biology and Environmental Science from University of Sydney, Australia, and my Master’s degree in Conservation Biology from Lund University, Sweden. I first found my way to the Levi […]

March 10, 2021

Postdoctoral Research Associate (previously PhD Student)

I am broadly interested in using noninvasive techniques to study different aspects of carnivore ecology. I obtained my undergraduate degree in Biology and Environmental Science from University of Sydney, Australia, and my Master’s degree in Conservation Biology from Lund University, Sweden. I first found my way to the Levi lab as a visiting scholar during my master’s where I studied the diet, prey availability, distribution of predators and competitors of coastal martens in Oregon¹. Now as a PhD student I am balancing a multitude of very exciting projects including the density and diet of jaguars in Brazil, developing a new noninvasive genotyping method using SNPs and next-generation sequencing² and a multi-species diet study of carnivores in northeastern Oregon using DNA metabarcoding.

1 Eriksson, CE., Moriarty, KM., Linnell, MA., Levi, T. 2019. Biotic factors influencing the unexpected distribution of a Humboldt marten (Martes caurina humboldtensis) population in a young coastal forest. PloS one 14 (5), e0214653

2 Eriksson, C.E., Ruprecht, J., Levi, T. In revision. More affordable and effective noninvasive SNP genotyping using high-throughput amplicon sequencing.

CATEGORIES: People