Leona Wai

Visiting MS student I was born and raised in Borneo, Malaysia and doing a 5-months internship with the Fisheries and Wildlife Department, under the supervision of Nicole Duplaix and Taal Levi. I have finished my Bachelor degree in Conservation Biology in 2015 and currently pursuing my MSc in Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS). My MSc project […]

March 10, 2021

Visiting MS student

I was born and raised in Borneo, Malaysia and doing a 5-months internship with the Fisheries and Wildlife Department, under the supervision of Nicole Duplaix and Taal Levi. I have finished my Bachelor degree in Conservation Biology in 2015 and currently pursuing my MSc in Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS). My MSc project is on the ecology of otter in the Lower Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary in Sabah, which focuses on their distribution, presence and absence across different habitat types in Kinabatangan river as well as investigating their activity pattern using camera trapping. I am very passionate about learning about the ecology of wildlife as I think it is important to know their ecology in order to establish an effective conservation plan for the wildlife. Besides wildlife, I also enjoy hiking, traveling and reading. I am hoping to gain more experiences and knowledge during my internship period and apply what I have learned in conservation management in my own country.

CATEGORIES: People